Fine Jewelry Repairs
We are happy to make reasonable repairs on fine jewelry items for up to 6 months after date of purchase.* M. Flynn reserves the right to refuse unreasonable repairs. Please keep in mind that all stones over 5pts will not be covered under the warranty. We strongly suggest insuring all significant pieces and stones. After 6 months, repairs will be made at cost. An estimate for the repair cost will be given prior to repair for customer approval. We make every effort to keep these costs low. We are happy to repair any M. Flynn Jewelry purchase within 15-days.
Fashion Jewelry Repairs
After 15-days we will repair damage items resulting from normal wear-and-tear for a minimal fee. We make every effort to keep this fee as low as possible for our customers. In addition to the M. Flynn brand, we represent high-quality brands both in the store as well as online. M. Flynn makes every effort to repair everything sold in our store however, we cannot guarantee that all pieces can be repaired. Our brands may be subject to their own individual repair policies and some pieces are only offered for one fashion season. In most cases, alterations cannot be made to these pieces.
M. Flynn stands behind our fine jewelry, however, like any piece of jewelry worn regularly, care is always required. Customers should expect to always maintain their treasured pieces. Metals may need to be re-plated or polished, stones may need to be replaced or reset, and prongs rebuilt. We can help with all your repair needs. M. Flynn recommends clients insure all jewelry of a certain value. Estate or antique jewelry should always be worn with great care.
- Clean all jewelry with proper tools and solutions. Many porous stones like coral, emerald turquoise and pearls can be damaged in traditional jewelry cleaning solutions, soap or in an ultrasonic. A mild soap with water is fine for most fine jewelry like diamonds, sapphire, gold and platinum. If you have a question about the right cleaning process for your fine jewelry, please contact M. Flynn.
- Regularly check all your jewelry for wear and tear. This especially includes the prongs holding your gemstones and the clasps on all your chains and bracelets. M. Flynn is happy to check your frequently worn pieces.
- Refrain from wearing jewelry during heavy tasks. Even diamonds can chip in the right situation.
- Do not store pearls in plastic but we recommend storing metal, diamonds and other gemstone jewelry in plastic to protect from oxygen and dust. Plastic bags can also prevent chains from tangling if you leave the clasp outside the bag and close.
- Fashion jewelry consists of non-precious metal plated and this metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear. If you have any questions about cleaning your jewelry, ask us.
- Gently wipe the metal surface with a microfiber cloth to clean. Excessive polishing will rub the plating off your piece.
- Store costume jewelry in plastic baggies to protect from oxygen. Jewelry should be completely dry. Pearls cannot be stored in plastic.
- Avoid water when wearing costume jewelry. Water will cause spotting on the metal and can cause rust.
- Avoid any traditional jewelry cleaning products that will remove the plating from your piece. These products are usually intended for fine jewelry and diamonds.
- Hairspray, perfume or household cleaning product will draw dust to your piece and could wipe away the plating.
- For valuable collectable pieces, it may be worth re-plating your pieces over time. Ask us.